Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hunger Games Readalikes

My task at work today was to compile a list of THG readalikes, since we have like, 150 people on our waiting list to read the book. I mean, every time we order more the holds just keep coming-some of the requests might not even be filled for months. I don't know about you, but I am way too impatient for that (and for those of you that haven't read it, you can get the kindle edition on Amazon for 5 bucks. Totally worth it).

SO, for those of you who haven't gotten a chance to read THG, or loved it so much that you compulsively need to read similar YA dystopian novels, here is a list of 13 titles. I have only read 3 on this list, so don't hold me accountable if they're terrible please! Honestly though, I researched pretty thoroughly, and these are the most common ones to pop up on compiled lists througout the country.















Now, once again I am going to remind you that I have only read three of these books- Delirium, Divergent, and The Maze Runner, all of which were just fantastic. If you're cheap, poor, or skeptical and want to read some of the books on this list, remember you can always visit your local library. I'm going to let you in on a secret- they will let you check them out for FREE.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment