Thursday, March 29, 2012

Picking Favorites

Picking a favorite book seems to be a lot like picking your favorite child. You don't love any book more than others, you just love different things about them. I more or less judge the books in my collection by how often they are read- signs of which are evident by the lovingly dog eared corners, and the slight curl of the cover at the edges.

I am constantly surrounded by books, which is a blessing, and sometimes a curse. I frequently leave work with an armful of books, or a list of things I want to read.  My poor husband is often neglected while I immerse myself in the lives of other people. I go with them on their adventures, cry with them in their heartbreak, and rejoice in their victories.

With that said, I am going to list a few of my most favorite books of all time, but I won't (more like can't) number them. Each of the books I am going to list means something to me, and they deserve to be enjoyed in their own respects.

Beauty- Robin McKinley
Ella Enchanted- Gail Carson Levine
Gone With the Wind- Margaret Mitchell
A Great and Terrible Beauty- Libba Bray
Summer of the Monkeys- Wilson Rawls
Maniac Magee- Jerry Spinelli

Picking that many books was hard. Like really hard. I just racked my brain for like, 20 minutes trying to list my favorite books. It was a lot harder than I initially anticipated. The list I came up with are books that have stuck with me- books that I can remember reading on countless occasions. Are all my favorites there-nope, not even close. Knowing me, I will think of more to add at a ridiculously random time.

 In the meantime, share your favorite books with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment