Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Selection: Sumer 2012's Hottest Read

                                

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been consumed by reading. I guess I just got in a rhythm, because I have now read 8 books in the last week and a half. I loved every single one of them, some I even stayed up super late to finish. It has been a long time since I let myself be so consumed by a book that I couldn't sleep, so it was quite refreshing!

When I picked up The Selection by Kiera Cass I was less that optimistic, I mean, it had a pretty cover, but it sounded just like a book version of The Bachelor- boy was I wrong. From the very first page I was hooked! It had just the right amount of action, adventure, and romance...oh and did I mention it's dystopian too?? It is reminiscent of The Hunger Games in how the selection process happens, and also has the requisite love triangle. If you're looking for the next big series, look no further! They're even making it into a tv show!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment