Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summer List Part 1

In the summertime, I seem read more than I usually do- I've been that way my whole life. In the last couple of weeks I have read 10-ish books. So, to help you kickoff your summer reading list the right way, I will share some of my most current reads with you. A little later this week, I will post the rest of my list!  As some of you may have noticed, I have pretty solid taste in books, so I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed.






Matched- Ally Condie
Crossed- Ally Condie


Perhaps one of my most favorite dystopian novels since THG. The series is set in a world where who you spend your life with is chosen for you, matched on criteria "The Society" compiles throughout your life. It's kind of reminiscent of "1984" in the sense that every move you make is watched. This series has a totally likeable heroine, romance, adventure, and suspense. I can't wait for the 3rd installment!






Insurgent- Veronica Roth


As some of you may know, I was absolutely crazy about the first installment in this series. The second book of the super exciting trilogy was just as good as the first- no sophomore slump for Roth! I don't want to give anything away if any of you haven't read the first one, because you absolutely MUST read the first before the second. MUST!


















Until I Die- Amy Plum (Revenants #2)

Before you read this book, read Die for Me also by Amy Plum, it is the first book in this fabulous series. I was seriously blown away by the first, it was a completely new concept for me. This particular forbidden love is so different from all the cookie cutter vampire and werewolf romances.  I have read lots of immortal novels, but this one kind of tops them all. The second book does not disappoint either. If you're interested in starting this series, check out the amazon summary of the first book:






The Goddess Test- Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted-Aimee Carter


First of all, I am absolutely fascinated with greek mythology. I have always been interested in the various gods and goddesses. This series gives a fresh, new perspective on the greek gods of old, and adapts them to the modern world. I just flew through these books, fascinated with the story that the author created, and rooting for her very likable heroine, and super hot male interest. 




Enjoy guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment