Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Big Plans

This particular post is not about books you should read- it's an update on my life! If you don't really care, feel free to ignore the post, no hard feelings.If you do care, keep on reading!

So for those of you that know me, you are aware that I have been wanting to go to Library School to get my MLS for a while now...and I am actually going to do it! This Friday I will be registering for the GRE exam, and am planning to apply UNT for the fall semester! For as long as I can remember, books have played a huge impact in my life, so hopefully I will be accepted so that I can help others find stories to change their lives.

Wish me luck :)

4 comments:

  1. When you get your own book club, or your librarian assoc. type membership, or get many readers on your blog you can sign up for netgalley.com When I worked at Watermark we got print galley's for free (advanced reader copies). But Netgalley.com is online so you can browse and request advanced copies of new books from publishers! You just have to have some credentials so they know you are not just somebody wanted new books for free. :)
    Jamie W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a member of NetGalley right now! They have approved all of my requests except for one :) That's how I got my hands on The Peculiars, and Kill Me Softly before they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I figured maybe you had found something like that! That's awesome!! Oh and good luck on the GRE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it, but I have like, 12 books to read lol. And Thanks, I'm nervous about the math part!

    ReplyDelete